Friday, January 21, 2011

A few thoughts...

Life...that one word has a HUGE meaning to it. Its funny how things just seem to happen at random. Every day is a new beginning and I find that I'm always surprised by one thing or another. A few weeks ago I was pleasantly surprised to make a new friend. I had no idea how much of an impact that this individual would have on my life. But, even though its been a few weeks I can already say that I'm so blessed and truly grateful for this random meeting. We have become very close friends and I have had ample opportunity to re-evaluate who I am and the things I desire most in this life because of his influence. We've had long discussions about a lot of things...dating, friendships, self-esteem, service...just to name a few.
One thing I can say is that through all of our different discussions I have come to know even more than before who I am and what I want from life. I have my flaws but I am learning to embrace them and share them with others. Why should we be afraid of what we have to offer to the world (good and bad)? We are each unique individuals with such special talents and abilities and quirks. Those things are what make this world a wonderful place to live in and be a part of. Each of us has a plan and a purpose. We each deserve a chance to be heard, seen and loved. No one individual is better than the other or less than the other. I wish we all could recognize that about ourselves and others.
With all the imperfection that we are surrounded by, the potential we carry outweighs that by far. If we can learn to place our full trust in our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ, we can one day become perfect and reach our full potential with their help. We can't do it alone. It takes practice and a willingness to fail and get hurt. But, we can't be afraid...we can't look back and let our failures or our heartaches or misdeeds shape our future. Everyday is a NEW beginning. Its exciting and wonderful and full of surprises! We can't compare ourselves to others or judge others. When we do that we lose sight of whats most important. God loves us completely. Each of us is a divine son or daughter of Him. We should love another as He loves us. None of us needs one more person judging or criticizing or tearing us down. What we all need is to be uplifted and loved and recognized as divine. As we do that our confidence will build in HIM and ourselves and we will no longer be afraid. I don't know if any of this is making sense, but I just have a million thoughts and I just think that we each have so much to offer that we can't let our circumstances or fear hold us back from being able to do those GREAT things we are capable of doing. I know that as we place our trust in HIM anything is possible!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love you Lou. I can't tell you how much you have blessed my life since you have come into it. You are such an amazing inspiration to me. I look forward to being able to get to know you even better. :)

One Awesome Girlie! said...

Love you tons! Should I say that I am Thankful your have a boo boo so that I can feed on your inspiration again! Miss your face!