Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Tribute to the BESTEST Sister EVER!

Today is my sister, Jennifers, 20th birthday. (Happy Birthday to you sweetie! I LOVERS you!) I can't even begin to express my deep and heartfelt appreciation for you.
I remember when I was way young...like 4 or 5..I always told my parents how much I wanted a younger sister. I had the younger brother, but things weren't complete yet. I knew someone was missing in the family. So, when I found out my mom was pregnant, lets just say I was pretty excited. By this time I was about 6, almost 7. :) My parents didn't want to know the sex of the baby...they wanted this one to be a surprise. Well, lets just say she was definately a surprise. She came 6 weeks early. I still remember the night my dad took my mom to the hospital. They took my brother Michael and for some reason, I had to stay home. But, I'll never forget what I told my dad before he left the house. I said, "Daddy, tell mom that its a girl. I'm going to have a sister." He just said, "ok sweetie." and rushed off to the hospital. haha.
Well, before I knew it, I was right. YESSSS! haha. My mom gave birth to the sister I've always wanted.

More than anything, looking back, I can say she is the sister I've always needed.
Through our years of growing up together, we've definately had our sibling rivalries. It's amazing how your siblings can be your best friend and worst enemy at the same time. haha. Being almost 7 years older, it was difficult for Jen and I to always get along. She was always getting into my make-up or teasing my brother and myself and well it just seemed like she was the one getting babied and because I was older, I had to be the "good example". But, lets face it...she was the "baby" so she won by default. haha. I wouldn't trade any of our bad times or good times for anything in the world. Those moments are priceless.

I could go on and tell stories of our childhood together but rather than doing that, I want to pay tribute to her and share how she has helped me in my life. Jennifer has always had older friends...probably because she has older siblings. I think thats why she's always been a bit more mature for her age. But, anyways, she's caused me to reflect on a lot of different things in life. She is not afraid to stand out in the crowd. She loves attention and loves to have fun! She isn't afraid to think outside of the box and she has always been one to accept and love everyone. She speaks her mind and she's reasonable and has a good head on her shoulders. She's determined, smart, silly, thoughtful, beautiful and whether or not she will admit it, shes MY sister! haha. There have been so many instances where I've looked up to her.  She is simply amazing. But, I'd like to think thats because she's related to me. haha ;) j/k.

Anyways, I'm so grateful for her patience with me and for her un-ending love. We have definately had our moments and we've been through a lot together. But, now I absolutely have theee BEST relationship with her and she is one of my very best friends. We are constantly finding ways to get together and we just enjoy eachothers presence. She listens to me and builds me up when I'm feeling down. She makes me laugh when I'm sad. She cuddles with me when I'm feeling lonely and she's just super special! ;)

She is getting married this summer and I couldn't be more proud of her and who she has chosen for her husband. She is going to make such a great wife and mother. I can't wait to see what the future will bring. I just lovers her ooodles and ooodles and bunches and I hope she knows how much. She may only be 20 today, but she will always and forever be one of my heroes! I love you Jen! I'm so glad God let me have you as my sister! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWW sissy poo i love you... thank you... forever n always be there for you!

littlelisalou said...

Sista's 4 LIFE! Lovers you too doll! :)