Sunday, April 10, 2011

what an Amazing Day!

What an incredibly filled day. I am really starting to love my Sundays. I started my day at about 8am this morning and will probably be up for quite a while longer seeing as how I have work in 3 hours and haven't found time to sleep (which is what I should probably be doing now instead of blogging.) haha. I had an opportunity to serve a friend this morning before church and that helped me to get things in perspective and helped me to start my day off right. I then had the opportunity to go to church and participate in the gospel principles class. Thats the class that the missionaries bring their investigators to.
All I can say is wow! My friend Allen who has been investigating the church had the chance to bear his testimony and I loved it! He has such a strong one and it hit me  pretty hard. He and I have been talking off and on and its just so incredibly full-filling to see someone embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ the way he has. It has caused me to take a look at my own personal testimony and re-evaluate quite a few things. I'm just so excited about the gospel and have a huge desire to share it with those around me. I LOVE missionary work. I love the fact that I have been given the opportunity to help him and be the friend that he needs. He has decided to get baptized...in fact thats happening next week. I can't wait!
On top of that awesome experience, our ward was just adopted into a new Young Single Adult Stake. Its so awesome to me to see the Lords work roll forth. Such an awesome testimony builder. Plus, Sheri Dew spoke at a fireside right after. That was amazing! She spoke on knowing who you are, and understanding the Atonement of Christ as well as knowing how to receive personal revelation. She is one of my favorite people to hear speak. Everything said tonight was an answer to fervent prayer.
She just reminded us of how God does know who we are, where we are,  exactly what we need, exactly when we need it. Its sooo true too. I know He knows me. I've seen his hand in my life time after time. Theres no way I could deny it.
Its just been such a fantastic day....I wish I could fully express how great it was. I feel spiritually enriched and ready to take on the challenges ahead of me this coming week. :)

No comments: