Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” ~Brian Tracy

Ok, so I just have to say I don't like to follow the crowd and do the same thing others are doing, but I feel that I can make an exception in this instance. I have soooo many amazing and inspirational friends that have all posted either on their facebook status or blogs everyday something that they are grateful for. This has caused me to reflect a little harder and a little longer on things that I'm grateful for.

I've always been a person who is BIG on the little things  - its the small and simple things that bring about GREAT things. I think gratitude is one of those "small and simple" things. I believe theres only 2 ways in which we can respond to life....We can either be grateful or we can not. We can be happy or we can be miserable. I believe that gratitude is what helps us become happy. It's what motivates us to keep going forward.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. "


On that note....here's a few of the things I'm grateful for:
  • Random guys hitting on me over the phone. (just ask and i'll tell you the story)
  • Driving along and seeing other people in their cars dancing or singing loudly to their music.
  • Funny stories
  • Service (giving/receiving)
  • New friendships/Old friendships
  • Inside jokes
  • Opposition (there wouldn't be any good without the bad)
  • Patience (that others have with me)
  • Movie marathon's with friends
  • My dad's strength, example and love.
  • Cheesy jokes.
The list could go on....but, u get the picture. Life is so tender and incredible. Why go through it and be miserable? Take chances, smile, LIVE! "No Regrets".....thats the motto of a good friend of mine on his mission. When we are grateful, we express that in the way we live...so why not be happy and have an attitude of gratitude?!

1 comment:

One Awesome Girlie! said...

Just FYI...I am the one that keeps click the little buttons at the bottom of your posts! hahahah! love you!