Monday, November 8, 2010

Favorite Quotes

I love quotes....so, I thought it would be fun to share a few I enjoy.
  1. "Trouble is part of your life. If you don't share it, you don't give the person who loves you a chance to love you enough."
  2. “It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more 'manhood' to abide by thought-out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind.”
  3. "Whenever we use another person's reactions towards us as the sole measuring for our own self-worth, we climb aboard a roller coaster with an endless track of ups and downs."
  4. "The Wrong one is the Right one to lead you to the BEST one!"
  5. "Don't always go for looks; they can deceive. Don't always go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile
  6. "Beauty from Within" ~Audrey Hepburn "For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find them at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years."

  7. "I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

    — Marjorie Pay Hinckley

  8. I am STRONG because I am weak.
    I am beautiful because I know my flaws.
    I am a [lover] because I'm a fighter.
    I am fearless because I have been afraid.
    I am WISE because I have been foolish.
    I can {laugh} because I've known sadness.
  9. Take Time:


    Take time to think-
    It is the source of all power.

    Take time to read-
    It is the fountain of wisdom.

    Take time to play-
    It is the source of perpetual youth.

    Take time to be quiet-
    It is the opportunity to seek God.

    Take time to be aware-
    It is the opportunity to help others.

    Take time to love and be loved-
    It is God’s greatest gift.

    Take time to laugh-
    It is the music of the soul.

    Take time to be friendly-
    It is the road to happiness.

    Take time to dream-
    It is what the future is made of.

    Take time to pray-
    It is the greatest power on earth.

    Take time to give-
    It is too short a day to be selfish.

    Take time to work-
    It is the price of success.

    There is a time for everything.





2 comments:

One Awesome Girlie! said...

These are GREAT Lisa! I especially LOVE the one by Ms. Hepburn! She is one of my Favs! Thanks for sharing!

littlelisalou said...

Thanks Brook. Thats one of my favs too! Helps keep things in perspective. :)